Mortgage Relief Programs


Struggling with monthly mortgage payments can be frustrating, but we’re here to help. Armed with a variety of different payment assistance programs, we’re prepared to find the right solution for your situation.1 We understand that this can be a stressful time for you and your family, so let us help you through the process.

Getting Started

To start the payment relief process, please submit the Mortgage Assistance Application (710) p and other required forms to us by mail, fax or via the Homeowner Connect online portal.

Required Documents

The following documents must be provided as part of your application for payment relief:

  • Completed and signed Mortgage Assistance Application (710) p
  • Financial hardship statement signed and dated with supporting documentation
  • Proof of income
  • Bank statements from past 2 months
  • Tax returns from previous 2 years (for self-employed)

Note: For any additional qualifying income such as alimony or child support, please provide a copy of the agreement that lists the amount, period of time it is to be received and proof of payments.

Additional Documents for Short Sales/Mortgage Releases

Please also provide the following if a short sale or mortgage release is being sought:

  • Listing agreement
  • Sales contract and MLS Listing (only needed for Short Sales)
  • Closing Disclosure (only needed for Short Sales)

Questions? Call 1.800.669.7724 to speak with our Homeowner Solutions Group.

helpful links and resources

Learn more about the relief programs or options you may be eligible for, including additional helpful resources and information from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

Quick Program Descriptions

Get a quick description of available programs and options.

Avoiding Foreclosure

HUD offers free foreclosure avoidance counseling w services as part of the government’s Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan (HASP). You may also contact HUD at 1.800.569.4287.