Everbank Welcomes Five New Experienced Hires to Support Its Newly Launched Fund Finance Division
JACKSONVILLE, FL, October 23, 2023 – EverBank, formerly TIAA Bank, is proud to announce the addition of five experienced leaders to its recently launched Fund Finance division.
As EverBank expands its capabilities in fund finance under the leadership of industry veterans Jeff Johnston and Mike Mascia, these five individuals will strengthen the bank’s ability to support alternative asset managers and the private capital community’s fund-level financing needs.
The new hires are:
- Gabrielle Buckner, Director: Gabrielle Buckner brings a decade of banking experience primarily focused on Fund Finance and Structured Products. Prior to EverBank, she served as a Director at Wells Fargo.
- Chris Grier, CFA, Director: Chris Grier has 12 years of fund finance experience and joins EverBank following prior roles in origination, structuring, and syndications at Silicon Valley Bank and Bank of America. Grier is a CFA Charterholder.
- Storey Whalen, Director: Storey Whalen brings seven years’ experience supporting global large-cap sponsors, as well as emerging and middle market firms. Prior to EverBank, she served as a Senior Director at First Republic Bank.
- Alexa Schult, Director: Alexa Schult has a decade of fund finance banking experience, and previously served as a Director at First Republic Bank. She was awarded the Fund Finance Association’s Rising Star Award in 2020.
- Ryan Burke, Vice President: Ryan Burke brings five years of fund finance experience and joins EverBank from Wells Fargo. Prior to his career in banking, he served as an officer with the United States Navy for eight years.
“The launch of the new EverBank brand and our Fund Finance division underscore a fresh chapter of transformation and growth for our company,” said Mascia. “As we look to build our business, these impressive leaders will help us deepen our network across the industry and expand our capacity to provide exceptional service to our clients. I can’t wait to get to work together with all of them."
"We have assembled an experienced team of fund finance bankers that will give us a running start as we expand this new division,” added Johnston. “In this uncertain market with higher rates and fewer exit opportunities, sponsors are seeing the benefits of flexible financing solutions that enable them to serve their fund investors better. Having leaders who deeply understand our clients’ businesses and financing needs gives us an incredible advantage as we grow."
About EverBank Fund Finance
EverBank’s Fund Finance business is a division of EverBank, N.A., a nationwide specialty bank providing high-value products and services to consumer and commercial clients nationwide. EverBank’s Fund Finance division provides lending and financing solutions to alternative asset managers and the private equity community. Products include subscription credit facilities, hybrid and NAV loans, management company facilities and other bespoke financings, along with advisory and placement services, as needed, and customized treasury management capabilities built specifically for the private markets. This specialized business team has some of the industry’s most experienced professionals to help deliver tailored solutions with preeminent service to help clients maximize their performance and efficiency. For more information on EverBank’s Fund Finance offerings, visit everbank.com.
EverBank, N.A. is a nationwide specialty bank providing high-value products and services to consumer and commercial clients nationwide. As a pioneer in online banking, we offer convenient digital access for clients 24/7, in addition to phone banking services and a network of financial centers across Florida. EverBank’s commitment is to deliver to our clients high-performing, high-yield solutions backed by exceptional service, always giving them the advantage they expect, to make the most of their money. Visit everbank.com or connect and interact with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or X (formerly Twitter).